Levels of membership
Regular: A lawyer who is a member in good standing before the Bar of any state or territory of the United States or District of Columbia and who resides, practices law or is engaged in business in Harris, Montgomery, Fort Bend, Brazoria and surrounding Counties, in Texas.
Associate: A person who has graduated from an accredited law school in any state or territory of the United States or District of Columbia.
Become a member of the Houston Lawyers Association (HLA) today! The success of HLA depends on you. Below is just a sampling of the numerous benefits of membership you will enjoy this bar year, June 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018:
- Monthly free CLEs each year and two CLE Workshops with a minimum of six hours of CLE
- Community service and outreach opportunities
- Immediate access to HLA’s professional network
- Networking opportunities, which include the Annual Spring Mixer and Annual Judicial Mixer
- Mentoring and access to professional development resources
- Social events, including the New Attorney Mixer and HLA’s Annual Christmas Party and Toy Drive
General body meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month, except June, July, and August. Please plan to attend the next one. HLA also has a host of committees where you can be of service.
Membership Level Fees
Young Lawyer Member $43.00
Law Student Free Membership
***Fee includes $3.00 debit /credit card processing fee****