African American Bar Association of Houston
2016 ANNUAL BAR SCHOLARSHIP
This $1000 scholarship is being offered to third year law students who are taking the Texas Bar Exam in July 2016.
- A complete application must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. April 1, 2016, to be considered for an award.
- The award will be given at the HLA Fellows Reception, on Saturday, May 21, 2016, at the HLA ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP AND AWARDS BANQUET (Location TBA).
- A demonstrated commitment to developing and promoting the African American community through law.
- Financial need.
- While academic performance in law school will be considered, considerable weight will be given to general factors such as leadership skills, community activities or special accomplishments.
- Completed, signed scholarship application form.
- Law School transcript(s).
- Membership in an underrepresented minority group.
- Currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school.
- Intent to take the Texas State Bar Exam in July 2016.
How To Apply
Completed and signed applications must be submitted via regular or electronic mail to:
HLA Scholarship Gala Committee
Houston Lawyers Association
P.O. Box 300009
Houston, Texas 77230-0009
Questions about this application or the scholarship should be directed via email to the HLA Scholarship Gala Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
******Click Here to Download Application******